How can I place an order?
- The easiest way to order is from this website where you can place your order 24/7 day or night, at a time that is most convenient for you.
- Just follow these simple steps:
- On the “Categories” page click on the product that you want to see, eg. "Large Westmorland Lamp | Langdale".
- This will take you to images of the product with all the details and specifications written above and below it - you will see a number of thumbnail images showing different colours. This will give you the different variations for this product. Eg. Wine Shade or Brick Shade or Terracotta Shade.
- Click on the colour variation that you want to see so you see several image details.
- Clicking on any one of these thumbnails takes you to the same purchase screen. (To go back to the original images click on the back arrow at the top left hand corner of the screen.)
- On the purchase screen, you will see the specifications below the image. Scroll down & complete the “Quantity” icon and then click on the “Add to Basket” button which will take you to the 'Your Shopping Basket' screen.
- Check that you have the right product(s) in your shopping basket, check the quantity and alter it if necessary.
- Enter discount code if you have one eg. "OW2017", and click on “Redeem”. Discount will be applied.
- Click on “Proceed to Checkout” or “Continue Shopping”. Billing details will appear, please fill in all the requested information. Then click on “Continue”.
- Check that all of the details in your basket, and both billing & delivery addresses are correct.
- Click on “Pay Now” icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to make payment by PayPal or by debit or credit card.
- Once you have entered the paypal screen your PayPal/credit/debit card details will be processed in a completely secure environment, and you will automatically receive an order confirmation by email.
- If you'd rather place your order over the phone, you can reach us between 9.00 (GMT) and 5.30 (GMT) from Monday to Friday on +44 (0)1354 278084
How do I change my personal information If you wish to change your information, such as your address, you can contact us directly on email@example.com or you can call us on +44 (0)1354 278084 and we will amend your details. We only hold your details for delivery reasons or on the mailing list if you have given permission for us to do so. We will never pass on your personal information to any third parties.
What payment methods do you accept? You can pay by PayPal or by debit or credit card. At the check out you will be presented with all the available payment options. All payment options are secure and at no point will we directly handle your payment details.
I made a mistake. How do I modify or cancel my order?
- If you have not yet entered your payment details you can go back to previous pages using the 'back' button on your browser.
- If you have entered your payment details but not clicked on “Pay Now” you can click on 'Cancel and return to Stewart Hearn'.
- If you have entered your payment details and clicked on the “Pay Now” button you have placed your order and will have to contact us directly to modify it.
- You can call us on +44 (0)1354 278084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will it take for my order to be dispatched? Each piece is bespoke and made to order by Stewart Hearn, for this reason there is a six week delivery time from the date that you place your order. However, depending on Stewart's workload he may be able to deliver your order within a shorter time frame. You will be notified by email or phone when you order is ready for delivery.
Where do you deliver to and how much does it cost? We can deliver to anywhere in the world but the cost will vary depending on the distances involved. To ship within mainland UK and The Highlands & Islands, the shipping cost is included in the price on the website. However, if your shipping address is Northern Ireland, Europe, or International please email us giving details of your shipping address and your product choices. We will give you a shipping quote by email as quickly as we can.
How will my order be sent? We have years of experience in sending glass long distances, so you can have every confidence that your order will arrive in perfect condition. We use a trusted courier company that we have been working with for years. Please let us know by email of any additional address details which you think might make delivery easier. E.g. 'Access from Berry Lane'.
Can I add an alternative delivery address? Unfortunately we can only deliver to your billing address.
How do I return my item? We hope that you will be
delighted with your order but if for any reason you wish to return it you may
do so within 7 days from the date of receiving it. These Terms and
Conditions apply for returns:
- As a customer you have a duty of care towards the item that you have purchased.
- Return requests must be made in writing by email to email@example.com within 7 working days from the date that you received the goods.
- Goods must be unused, in perfect condition (including packaging) and therefore in a re-saleable condition.
- Refunds apply to the cost of the item only and not to the cost of postage and packaging for the original order.
- We cannot exchange or accept the return of items which have been dismantled, used or soiled.
- Please keep all of the packaging and return the goods as they were received by you.
- Items returned beyond 7 days cannot be refunded but may be exchanged at our discretion.
- We cannot accept responsibility for goods lost, stolen or damaged in transit. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you purchase insurance if available from your delivery company or at the very least obtain proof of posting.
- Unfortunately we are unable to refund the return postage unless the item was faulty or damaged on arrival, if this is the case, please make this explicit in your correspondence with us prior to returning the item.
- Refunds will be processed within 28 days of receiving the goods back from you and made by original payment method.
- This returns policy does not affect your statuary rights.
There is a small bubble in the glass item that I ordered, what should I do? Because the glass is gathered on the blowing iron during the making process, air sometimes gets trapped inside. This is not a fault in the glass and is integral to the piece. Stewart's standards are very high and he would never allow you to receive an item that did not meet his own high expectations.
Why are the colours in my item not the same as the item on the website? Each item made by Stewart Hearn is made to order and is a unique item in its own right. Despite using the same set of colours when making the same piece, sometimes the way that the colour moves during the making process appears to create different tones in some places. This is not a fault but rather a result of the traditional mouth blown making process. And this is what makes each piece a bespoke piece of art.
Can I use an alternative light bulb in my lamp? You are welcome to use any
light bulb which fits the light fitting but please follow the wattage
recommended on the lamp shade. The fitting takes a standard bayonet type bulb
and we will supply you with an energy saving light bulb with each lamp that you